Re: [amibroker] Re: Trouble trying to compare industry and market ...

If you specify the industry base index (through Symbol-Categories) you will get this for each symbol using function GetBaseIndex()

However if you also have the base index specified for Groups then this is given by GetBaseIndex()

The only way I know to get index symbols for sectors is to specify the sector index in the AFL

SectorIndex = "^XYZ"; // default if not specified below
if(sectorID()==1) SectorIndex = "^ABCD";
if(sectorID()==2) SectorIndex = "^EFGH";
etc

--
Cheers
Graham Kav