Re: [amibroker] OT:>TJ, please object to this patent application

Hi Ron --

I doubt that that patent will go anywhere, or if granted will interfere with any of us.

Protection of intellectual property is a very gray area.  At one time I considered applying for a patent or copyright or some other protection for an application related to trading systems.  After considerable research I came to the conclusion that the best protection is keeping the information closely held and secret, and file no paperwork or applications.

In order to be granted a patent, the applicant must disclose enough about the product to identify its unique properties.  They do not want to do that.  Written materials are automatically protected under copyright laws without any explicit action by the author, but filing the copyright paperwork publishes a copy which can be read by others.  They do not want to do that either.  Trade secrets protect the material by keeping it secret.

Thanks,
Howard