From: progster01
Sent: Saturday, February 16, 2008 6:27 AM
Subject: [amibroker] Results List - Possibility of all options?

Hi.

Currently, in the Report tab of the Backtester settings, we may choose
one of these 3 forms of output for the results list:

1. Trade list
2. Detailed log
3. Summary

I often find myself wanting to see all 3, and this means running the
test 3 times, changing the setting in between in each case, and
accepting the destruction of the last set of results each time.

I would find it very helpful if all 3 forms of results could be
generated (optionally) at once and made available in tabs after a
single test run.

Ideally, this "triple reporting" could be done with only a single
actual test, but even if the only way to do it were to, in effect, run
the test 3 times internally (paying the time price for that), it would
still be very helpful if such behavior could be requested by the user
so that the result is that a single "specified combined test" takes
place and all 3 forms of output are generated and made available for
viewing/comparison.

Is this a reasonable thing to consider for implementation, given the
internals of AB?

Would anybody else find this helpful?