[amibroker] Re: AP's RT data feed - for MarkK

Ron,

Yes, that is exactly what I am saying.

You have said before that you trade quite successfully using Yahoo
data with a 250 day MA I think it was.

When I backtest and get a thousand closed trades isn't that also a
consensus that smooths the individual data errors.

(The problem with data that is not dividend adjusted is that the
errors are uni-directional and cumulative over time.

When a intraday tick trader gets killed by a bad tick here and there
but still has a successful year overall isn't that a data consensus?

IMO it is a myth that we have clean data - we don't.
If we really tried to drill down into it we would go crazy.
We still manage to trade with what we have.

Personally I just take Tomasz's word for it that eSignal is 'clean' -
he's been around long enough.

He doesn't say what he means and how he came to that conclusion
though.

brian_z

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Ronald Davis <xokie7@xxx> wrote:

> EOD data accuracy is "NOT" important "IF" your indicator is
calculating in such a way that it looks for the core value of the
action of the data for the last several hundred days of activity.

>   In this case, you could have many errors, and the errors would be
overwhelmed by the consensus opinion of  the hundreds of days of the
largely correct data.   Ron D.

> brian_z111 <brian_z111@xxx> wrote:
>   Thanks Bill,
>
> The problem I have with that article is that they don't say what
> method they used to measure the error rate.
>
> I think that in the financial journals etc there would be reports
on
> the efforts of academics to deal with the issue but would I
> personally have the resources and expertise to do it myself.
>
> Since the data from the exchanges contains errors, and their books
> are closed, how could anyone know for sure how accurate the data is?
>

> brian_z
>

> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "wavemechanic"
> wrote:
> >
> > Here is one study:
> http://www.csidata.com/csi/reviews/reprintsep99.html
> >
> > Bill

Quotes
> > > Plus

> data
> offers
> > > as

> data,
> > > cleaner

> years. I
> prices,
> > > and
> far
> it
> > > an

> > > about
> > > once

Plus

> > > minor
with
> > > minor

> data
> of

> service

> > > Please note that this group is for discussion between users
only.

> > > SUPPORT {at} amibroker.com
> > >
> > > For NEW RELEASE ANNOUNCEMENTS and other news always check
DEVLOG:

Date: