[amibroker] Re: New EOD data feed other than Quotes Plus

Correction - eSignal is good for multinational RT but esignal EOD is
US/Canada only. The offshore EOD providers seem more interested in
multnatioanal EOD than the US providers.

BTW - I use Yahoo for current and short term data e.g. up to a few
months back (I buy historical data on CD - all kinds, everywhere and
anywhere and I backtest using that so I don't have to worry if the
Yahoo back history is perfect or not or whether it suits my needs - I
do use it for backtesting div adjusted data though because that is
hard to come by).
Yahoo is as good as any for today and recent prices (the arguments
start when dividend and split adjustments etc start). If you want to
use raw data you can change AmiQuote to that and then there are no
arguments.

After I get the data into AB I can sectorize/categorize anyway I want
by getting free lists from here there and everywhere.

It is now quite easy to import lists and customize your sectors in
AB - have a look at my Nasdaq Custom Database example at the UKB.
Look under data >> data management

brian_z

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "brian_z111" <brian_z111@xxx> wrote:

> Dan,
>
> > I need some options for other EOD data feeds.
>
> Yes, but what's your brief?
>
> As I recall you do a lot of sector work.
> Also QP's fundamentals will be hard to replace if you have been
using
> them.
>
> I use different data for different projects:
>
> - div adjusted versus NOT
> - sometimes I want the earnings sometimes not
> - US only or world markets etc
>
> If you want more than one market eSignal is hard to beat (the
second
> and third market come for the exchange fee only).
>
> I thought the Aussies would be a bit cheaper than the US, with the
> exchange rate etc. If you want to talk sectors have a chat to
Richard
> Dale at Norgate Investor Services (he's your man for that).
>

> brian_z
>

> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Dan Clark" <dan_public@> wrote:
> >
> > I've been using Quotes Plus data for the last 2-1/2 years.
> Overall, I've
> > been very happy with Quotes Plus data and Gary Lyben's
> (owner/president)
> > responsiveness.   That said.
> >

> > In the last few days, I've swapped several e-mails about a minor
> billing
> > issue (credit card renewed with different number) with a woman in
> his
> > billing department.   What should have been a very minor clerical
> issue left
> > me feeling EXTREMELY angry and offended.
> >

> > I vowed to switch my data feed from Quotes Plus to another data
> feed as soon
> > as possible.   This is a major issue for me because of the amount
> of AFL
> > recoding involved, but I can no longer do business with Quotes
Plus.

> > I need some options for other EOD data feeds.   What EOD service
> are you
> > using?   What has your experience been?   What are the
alternatives