Re: [amibroker] Re: Is database limited by the number of bars in database setting?

Hello,

Actually posts on the same subject were replied many times in the past.

Last time similar thread was in September 2007
http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/message/115085

Short answer: yes "number of bars" setting in the Database Settings
specify maximum number of bars that are fed through the plugin to the AB database.

While AB does not have any hard coded limit, and you can have any length of
data in off-line databases, it uses this setting to avoid
growing real-time databases beyond certain point to make sure the performance is good.

So:
1. you can import unlimited number of bars into off-line databases (only computer's memory is the limit)
2. on-line real-time databases use the user-definable limit in the Database Settings, it works FIFO-way.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com