[amibroker] Re: Question AFL Automatic Analysis Explore

You mentioned writing script in vb. Is there any advantage to using
vb over  C++ ?
The help file did provide some clarity. I am looking at Batman,
trying to figure out how to use it.
On of the reasons I like the scripting idea is that I need to learn
some programing and this is as good of a reason as any.

Thanks

James

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "dingo" <dingo@xxx> wrote:

> it works very well BUT there's only the object model in the help
file in
> terms of documentation. Also, look at the files section of all the
Yahoo
> forums for examples plus do searches for .vbs and .js in this
forum.

> It'll be quicker to just use batman - its a general purpose
compiled
> vbscript.

Excel
> > and back Automatic Analysis. I am exploring possible ways to
combine
> > all of the steps into one program.
> > Do you know of any tutorials on using external scripts with
> > Amibrokier?
> >
> > James
> >

> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "dingo" <dingo@> wrote:
> > >
> > > You can do it with the export button on the AA window.
> > >
> > > If you still want to it via code you can write an in vbs,
> > > jscript to use the COM objects. If you want to do it in AFL
inside
> > the
> > > formula then you can add code using the file IO functions:
> > >
> > > File Input/Output functions
> > >
> > > fclose - close a file (AFL 2.5)
> > > fdelete - deletes a file (AFL 2.70)
> > > feof - test for end-of-file (AFL 2.5)
> > > fgets - get a string from a file (AFL 2.5)
> > > fgetstatus - retrieves file status/properties (AFL 2.90)
> > > fmkdir - creates (makes) a directory (AFL 2.70)
> > > fopen - open a file (AFL 2.5)
> > > fputs - write a string to a file (AFL 2.5)
> > > frmdir - removes a directory (AFL 2.70)
> > >
> > > What you'll need to do is open the file once at the beginning
of
> > the AFL and
> > > then add some AFL to build a string of what you want to write
out
> > to the
> > > file and then actually write out that file.

DEVLOG: