Re: [amibroker] Re: How to check on a variable that does not exist?

didn't know you wanted to verify file exist... I use include parameters calculated from within the code. They basically contain long list of

Par1 = nnnn;

Par2 = mmmm;

etc.

by placing the include strategically it will be read when needed, even conditionally by adding an IF() in the include. I read those at the top of the code (very fast). This speeds up execution enormously. You can also dynamically create other afl code this way. Its a nice way to save ticker specific parameters without have to calculate them on each pass. You can check file exist with fgetstatus(), see below. by reading the date you can also prevent working with old data...

good luck,

herman

FGETSTATUS
- retrieves file status/properties

File Input/Output functions
(AFL 2.90)

SYNTAX

fgetstatus( filename, what, format = 0 )

RETURNS

NUMBER or STRING

FUNCTION

The function that retrieves file properties/status.

Returns NUMBER or STRING depending on format parameter. If file does not exist it returns Null.

Parameters:

filename - the name of the file (with or without full path) to query

what - specifies what file property to retrieve, allowable values

0 - the date/time the file was created

1 - the date/time the file was last modified

2 - the date/time the file was last accessed for reading

3 - the file size in bytes

4 - attribute byte of the file

format - specifies return format of date/time values (format specifications are the same as in Now() function): allowed values:

0 - returns string containing date/time formatted according to system settings

1 - returns string containing date only formatted according to system settings

2 - returns string containing time only formatted according to system settings

3 - returns DATENUM number with date

4 - returns TIMENUM number with time

5 - returns DATETIME number with date/time

6 - returns date DAY (1..31)

7 - returns date MONTH (1..12)

8 - returns date YEAR (four digit)

9 - returns date DAY OF WEEK (1..7, where 1=Sunday, 2=Monday, and so on)

10 - returns date DAY OF YEAR (1..366)

Note that Windows supports only 2 second resolution of file date/time stamps.

For tips on developing Real-Time Auto-Trading systems visit:

http://www.amibroker.org/userkb/