[amibroker] Re: no amibroker book?

Brian,

I agree with Paul on this one. Tomasz can do whatever he wants, of
course. But reading between the lines of some of the comments he's
made over the years, he has a very specific vision for AB, and I'd be
amazed if writing a book would form part of that.

Second, you usually make a lot of sense with your comments, but "take
a sabbatical" . . . ? You must be kidding me. Again, TJ can do
whatever he wants to do with AB. However, he cannot escape the fact
that there continues to be huge competition in this market, and as
I've said on many occassions, I'm NOT talking about MS, TS, or WL.
The competition comes from Matlab, R, S-Plus, etc. I believe Howard
has written a useful book on quantitative trading (based on reviews,
haven't read it myself). For a growing number of us that is where the
industry, and thus we, are heading. TJ cannot afford to leave AB
dormant. It would simply be massive value distruction.

He has choosen a business format which has been very succesful for
AB. But the main risk is the reliance on its creator (there is no
contingency plan here). We cannot have him turn into an author.

Vote TJ for developer ! (and Brian for author ???)

PS
--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Paul Ho" <paultsho@xxx> wrote:

> I think this topic has been floated a number of time, but at the
end,
> it always go back to Tomasz. But I dont think Tomasz has the time
or the
> inclination to write an AFL book (I dont know, but I am guessing)
> He has written all he wants to write in the help file, in the
knowledge
> base, and here in the forum.
> I think it is upto someone else to compile the materials written,
add
> examples or further explanations, together with him,
> into some kind of course notes.
> The problem that I see is that people either can find the relevant
info, or
> dont understand it
> you need a course on AFL, not a book.
>

>   _____