Re: [amibroker] Difficulty with sell arrow shapes

srengret

Have you tried:

Shape = iif(buy,shapeUpArrow,ShapeNone);
instead of Shape = buy * ShapeUpArrow; // ??

Until I used that format I too used to get shapes plotted I did not expect.
Each shape has a numerical value.
Something to do with summing these and getting a new value.

Regards

ChrisB

srengret wrote:

I've overlooked something in shapes for sell arrows in an indicator
test. I'm using Amibroker 4.90.5. I obtained more sell arrows than I
thought should display. The trailing stops seem to be okay.

For instance, I obtain sell arrows that are shaped as triangles when I
don't see that in the code nor do I see where I set that sell
criteria. For the test, the ETF that I used for an example here is
symbol MZZ from October 2007 to now. Here's my test code sample:

Buy =Close > 5 AND Close < 100 AND Close > 1.009*(EMA(Close, 30)) AND
Close > Ref(Close,-1)
AND RelStrength( "^DJI" ) > 1.0 AND Volume > 1.4*(EMA(V,30) ) AND
RelStrength( "^GSPC") > 20.0;

shape=Buy*shapeUpAr row;
PlotShapes( shape, IIf( Buy, colorGreen, colorRed), 0, IIf( Buy, C,C
), 0 );

//If no buy signal given, it won't give a sell signal
Sell=0;
//Trailing Stop at 7% Loss
ApplyStop(2, 1,7,False, 0);
Equity(1,0); // THIS EVALUATES STOPS
Plot(Sell==4, "HELPapplyStop sell",colorRed, 4|styleOwnScale) ;//4 is for
trailing stops

//shape = Buy * shapeUpArrow + Sell * shapeDownArrow;
shape = Sell * shapeDownArrow;
PlotShapes( shape, IIf( Buy, colorGreen, colorRed), 0, IIf( Buy, C,
C-1), 0 );

I have no idea what I've overlooked. Maybe I over-complicated the
PlotShapes function. Would someone look at or try this and let me know
what to change?

Regards.