[amibroker] Q: Does Equity(1,0) not allow Buy,Trail-Sell, Buy or Short,Trail-Cover,Short?

I had a quick q regarding how this function works, and my searching on
this forum hasn't yielded an answer, so I apologize if I'm asking
something obvious.

I have a working AFL, with equity(1,0) in the right places so that
everything works, along with custom stop code, which also works. My
question is this:

1. I have a short signal at 9:30am, (Short = 1), works.
2. This position is stopped out (Cover = 4) at 10:00am, also works
3. I have another short signal at 10:30am, (Short = 1) <- This one
doesn't appear either in the backtest or on the charts
4. I have a Buy signal at 11:00am,  (Buy = 1), which works.

>From this example, it seems to my rudimentary opinion that equity(1,0)
will not allow the sequence of Short, Cover (not Buy, just Cover),
Short, or Buy, Sell (not Short, just Sell), Buy. But it will allow
Short,Buy,Short, or vice versa. Is it the case that equity(1,0)is not
taking into account the trailing stops when it is removing redundant
signals? Is this the case, and if so, how can I work around it so I
can get the Short in step 3. to show up?