[amibroker] Re: New Yahoo US-Stocks Database

Hi Jim,

first thank you for your work!

I have a question. Some time last year for the first time I downloaded
and installed your database (both Stocks.zip and Stocks_All.zip). What
I saw was that there were several symbols for which Amiquote can't
download any quotes because those symbols don't exist anymore. For
example ^MSCISC, AAAC.OB, AAAE.OB just to name a few.

During the last year you released some new databases and any time I
tried the the same old nonexisting symbols were still in the database.
As I don't know yet how to easily remove all those symbols I lost
interest.

Today I tried your latest database and there again all those old
nonexisting symbols are still there.

Here is what I can see so far:

1. Your Stocks.zip file contains all those symbols that shouldn't be
there.
2. Your Stocks_All.zip seems to be the clean database from what I can
see in the directories. I have to say "seems" because I only quickly
checked the three symols I mentioned above.
3. Even though if I use the Stocks_All.zip as my database somehow
miracolousely those symbols that I mentioned still appear in Amibroker
in the symbol list.
4. Because I couldn't find those symols anywhere in your
Stocks_All.zip\US-Stocks directory I opened the broker.master file and
that's where I could still find them.

If the broker.master file is really the cause for this is it maybe
possible for you to post a broker.master file which corresponds with
the Stocks_All database? Maybe also the broker.watch and
broker.workspace files as well if they are important?

Thanks.