[amibroker] Re: Foreign-S&P500 trend-code question

Close, but not quite right I think.

Your closing RestorePriceArrays(True) is not in balance with your
opening SetForeign("^GSPC").

According to the documentation, if you did not pass True as the 3rd
argument to SetForeign, then you should not be passing True to
RestorePriceArrays().

Also, your code sample doesn't show it, but I'm assuming that you
rightly intend to use var1 and var2 in your Buy assignment or
elsewhere in your code.

Mike

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "srengret" <lechols@xxx> wrote:

> To ARA and Mike,
> Thanks for your suggestions.  I think the code does what I want it
> do.  I have more checking to finish.
> As a courtesy to you, here is a sample of the code:
>

> var1=0;
> var2=0;
>
> SetForeign ("^GSPC");
>
> Filter = C > Ref(C,-20);
>
> var1 = C;
> var2 = Ref(C,-20);
> RestorePriceArrays(True);
>
> Buy=  Close > 5 AND Close < 70 AND Close > 1.009*(EMA(Close,30)) AND
> Close > Ref(Close,-1).......etc.
>
> Thanks again.
>

> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Ara Kaloustian" <ara1@> wrote:
> >
> > You could try this for the last part:
> >
> > Change last part to:
> >
> > X = Foreign ("^GSPC","Close");
> >
> > AND X > Ref(x,-20);

S&P500
> > > index ("^GSPC") to be higher now than 20 days ago along with a
> > > RelStrength measure.
> > > Here's the section of code of interest:
> > >
> > > Buy = RelStrength("^GSPC") > 20.0
> > > AND Foreign("^GSPC", "Close") > Foreign ("^GSPC", "Ref(Close,-
20)");

> > > When I place this in previously working code with other
criteria, it
> > > doesn't seem to have an effect.
> > >
> > > Does anyone see what is wrong with the last line and/or is
there a
> > > better way to do this?
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > SrEngRet
> > >

> > > Please note that this group is for discussion between users
only.

> > > SUPPORT {at} amibroker.com
> > >
> > > For NEW RELEASE ANNOUNCEMENTS and other news always check
DEVLOG: