[amibroker] Help with the concept of "Bars" in Powerscan

Hi guys,

I've recently purchased Powerscan and am reasonably up to speed with
most of the functions, however I'm still having trouble with the
"bars" concept.

When looking in the "range" box, I understand that bars in that
context means however many units of time are stipulated by the user,
with each unit of time being set in the "periodicity" settings in
Amibroker.  I'm assuming that any searches perfomed by Powerscan will
only look in the timeframe covered by the number of bars as dictated
in this section.
(Let me know if I'm incorrect here though.)

However then I move onto the Indicator sections, and here the user can
put in values for bars again.  This is where I come unstuck.  I assume
that Powerscan will look for a certain user defined occurance in the
timeframe stipulated in the "range" section, so putting different bar
values in the Indicator section is confusing me.  I've read the Help
file for Powerscan over a dozen times and I can't seem to grasp it.

Can anyone shed some light on why there's a second field for entering
bar values when it's already been done in the "range" section?
Have I understood the "range" section correctly?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I feel that I won't be able
to use Powerscan correctly until I properly understand these concepts.

Regards,
Mark