Re: [amibroker] Re: Hello Tomasz, Which C++ compiler do you use to compile AmiBroker ?

And I still have chad from punching those cards.

Howard

On Jan 7, 2008 4:27 AM, Fred <ftonetti@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

LOL ...

But wait ...

I remember when Herman Hollerith was knee high to a grasshopper ...

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Howard B" <howardbandy@xxx> wrote:

> Ok Guys --
>
> We're playing can you top this -- here's mine.
>
> I walked around inside the first computer I worked on -- it was
built into a
> trailer. Programming was done with patch cords and rheostats.
Some time
> later, one of the machines I worked on used a tank of mercury with
sound
> waves bouncing around in it for short term storage. And machine
language
> for the 1620, too.
>
> Dinosaurs came later.
>
> Thanks,
> Howard
>

> On Jan 5, 2008 8:37 PM, Dennis Brown <see3d@xxx> wrote:
>
> > That WAS the first machine that I programmed in my first and
only
> > college programming course. I guess that makes us old. LOL...
> > I was hooked, but I could not wait for the slow execution speed
of the
> > 1620 nor the slow learning pace of formal courses after that...
> > Dennis
> >

> > On Jan 5, 2008, at 5:19 PM, Fred Tonetti wrote:
> >
> > Old ? … You ? … LOL …
> >
> > You might be getting old if this was the first machine you wrote
machine
> > language code for …
> >
> > http://www-
03.ibm.com/ibm/history/exhibits/mainframe/mainframe_PP1620.html