RE: [amibroker] Re: What after optimization is done ...

Swarm Intelligence is one of the intelligent algorithms used by IO which also allows users to perform automated Walk Forward testing with whatever anchored or rolling windows they want.

http://www.amibroker.org/userkb/2007/08/13/1-io-introduction/

From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Mike
Sent: Friday, January 04, 2008 5:28 PM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] Re: What after optimization is done ...

Hi,

What you are describing is called Walk Forward Optimization. There is
much information on its usage, strengths and weeknesses. Just do a
quick web search. Also, Howard does cover in his book how you would
do it using AmiBroker if you find it suitable for your needs:

http://www.quantitativetradingsystems.com/book.html

Mike

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxps.com, "scourt2000" <stevehite@x..> wrote:

> A question that I always had is: after you get your optimized
> variables, how long are they generally good to use?
>
> Do you continually run the optimization on new data coming in like
> once a month and then change your variables again to match the best
> results? With so much more available CPU bandwidth coming out with
> these quad cores, I wonder if it makes more sense to have dynamic
> optimizations rather than all of this static stuff.
>
> There's some products based on swarm intelligence which sounded
like
> in interesting idea for dynamic optimization. But all kinds of
> warning bells go off with me when someone wants to charge 1000's of
> dollars and not be willing to show their own audited brokerage
> statements when the tout level on what the program can do is so
high.

> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxps.com, "DrazenStricek12" <dstricek12@>
> wrote:
> >

> > Hi
> > could someone enlight me on this problem:
> >
> > After Optimization is done ,for example :
> > X = Optimize("X", 10, 1, 20, 1);
> > Y = Optimize("Y", 100, 1, 200, 1);
> > Z = Optimize("Z", 1000, 1, 2000, 1);
> >
> > how to integrate into Trading system 5 sets of best Optimization
> results:
> > Set1: X=10;Y= 115; Y= 1350;
> > Set2: X=11;Y= 100; Y= 1450;
> > Set3: X=13;Y= 150; Y= 1445;
> > Set4: X=10;Y= 112; Y= 1500;
> > Set5: X=10;Y= 105; Y= 1100;
> >
> > The trading system should execute only when the preselected best
> sets conditions are met.
> >
> > Thank you for any help
> >
> > Drazen

It has removed 216 spam emails to date.