From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Homar Simpson
Sent: Thursday, 3 January 2008 3:47 PM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] Re: what is the simplest method of calculating the diff between two dates in AFL

I see why I didn't want to tackle this. Lot's of code there.

All I really want to do is check to see if the last bar date is
older than X days from today. I'm filtering for stale dates, and ran
into a problem with the simple way I did this when the year rolled over.

Surely theres a less cumbersome way.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxps.com, "gp_sydney" <gp.investment@...> wrote:

> If you mean number of calendar days between two dates, then it's not a
> particularly simple problem (not that hard, but not trivial). There
> are issues with different numbers of days in a month and leap years.
>
> If you download the document "AmiBroker Custom Backtester
> Interface.pdf" from the files area here, there's some sample code for
> this in Appendix A. Has nothing specifically to do with the CBI, but
> was part of an example used in that document.
>
> Regards,
> GP
>

> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxps.com, "Homar Simpson" <x77777x@> wrote:
> >
> > seems quite obscure given the simplicity of the problem.
> >
> > Using datenum()