[amibroker] Re: Tomasz, what is wrong with the code?

Hi Cassian,

I am caught in same place as ur query.AB.Import function is failing
and returns the value of 0. I am using flwg format

ab = CreateObject("broker.application")
For Each foundFile As String In Mydir
Dim ret As Long = ab.import(0, foundFile, formatname)
MsgBox(foundFile + CStr(ret))
Next
ab.refreshall()
ab.savedatabase()
ab.QUIT()

When i used it for first time it updated my database but has been
failing since.i have stopped broker.exe using task manager, but still
the importing isnt sucessful.

I have tried importing data using same format file and same data file
using Import Ascii manually in AB and that is successful.

Can u tell me any workaround u have found for this problem.

When i try ab.visible=true then i can see two ab instaces in task
manager.

BB)Have u tied ascii plugin as given in ADK.i tred using that even
for importing data.but that plugin isnt showing in the plugins list
when i open database settings. i have put ascii.dll to plugins folder
but havent changed any other setting.

Am i missing sumthing here.

I am running Ab 5.0 and using VB application to import EOD as well as
intraday data using diff modules.

Rgds