[amibroker] Re: Eliminating Phantom Positions in CBT

Just thought of something. If we nullify exess siganls by either
setting buy condition to null or sig.symbol() to null, that should
set "Phantom" Positions to null on day1. Now the questions is how to
that!!!
The following depicts the issue. Assume that we are limiting the
number of positions per bar to 4. On bar1 we have six buy signals. on
bar2 we buy the top 4 based on postion scores. As luck would have it
we have buy siganl on LVLT and AMGN on bar2. So we should be buying
them on bar3, but it won't. Only if we could nullify buy siganl on
bar1 for LVLT and Amgen.

SetBacktestMode( backtestRegularRaw )
	Bar 1	Bar 2	Bar 3
AAPL	Buy (1)	Bought	Open
MSFT	Buy (2)	Bought	Open
INTC	Buy (3)	Bought	Open
CSCO	Buy (4)	Bought	Open
LVLT	Buy (5)	Buy (1)	should be bought but it does not
AMGN	Buy (6)	Buy (2)	should be bought but it does not
IBM		Buy (3)	Bought
AMD		Buy (4)	Bought

Buy means buy signal
Numbers in parenthesis are position scores

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "tipequity" <l3456@xxx> wrote:

> I am having the same problem with both buys and sells. I have
posted
> several messages on this board to no avail. Do you mind posting or
> privately emailing me your CBT code (with all setoptions), if it
does
> not expose your trading system. Maybe, the two of us can solve this
> issue. I have reported the sell problem issue to tech support
(case#
> 43606) and the buy problem (case# 43457). TJ, if you have any
> interest in resolving or clarifying this issue I'll be more than
> happy to call you or provide additional details via email,if
> necessary.
>
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "rdavenportca" <davenport.r@>
> wrote:
> >
> > I am doing portfolio backtesting on a system that has a maximum
> number
> > of open positions set to 30.  I use the Custom Backtester Signal
> Object
> > (low level) to only take certain trades on a given day (Day 1).
On