[amibroker] Re: Code Question: buy best performing ticker of last 15 days

Ed,

Thanks so much for your help to the programming illiterate. I would
have never thought it's so complicated, just thought I miss
something really simple. Well, thanks even more.

Sam

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Edward Pottasch" <empottasch@xxx>
wrote:

> hi
>
> I fabricated something that doesn't make use of the barssince
function since I didn't get it to work in a hurry. Code below does
the following:

> I calculates the positionScore on the close at a thursday then it
enters a trade at the open on a friday and closes this trade on the
open on a thrursday at least 22 bars after entry,

> (you will need the latest version of Amibroker for this because of
the break function).

> rgds, ed
>

> SetBarsRequired(10000,10000);
> SetOption("MaxOpenPositions", 1 );
> PositionSize = -100;
> SetTradeDelays(0,0,0,0);
> PositionScore = IIf( Ref(ROC(C,15),-1) > 0, Ref(ROC(C,15),-1), 0);
>
> procedure sell_proc(Buy,Sellday) {
>
> global Sell;
> global SellPrice;
> SellPrice = 0;
> Sell = 0;
>
> // sell delay in bars
> selldelay = 22;
>
> for (i = 1; i < BarCount; i++)
> {
>
>    if (Buy[ i ])
>    {
>
>       for (j = i + selldelay; j < BarCount; j++)
>       {
>
>          if (Sellday[ j ])
>          {
>
>             Sell[ j ] = 1;
>
>             i = j;
>             break;
>
>          }
>
>       }
>
>    }
>
> }
>
> }
>

> Buy = DayOfWeek() == 5;
> BuyPrice = O;
>
> sell_proc(Buy,DayOfWeek() == 4);
> SellPrice = O;
>
> SetChartOptions(0, chartShowDates);
> GraphXSpace = 5;
> Plot(C,"C",1,64);
>
> PlotShapes(IIf(Buy,shapeUpArrow,0),colorWhite, layer = 0,
yposition = BuyPrice, offset = 0 );