[amibroker] Re: Ctrl+Space Auto completion

There's only one thing I don't like about that AFL Editor:

When you type something, if it doesn't match any keywords or
functions, then the AFL Editor should put your capitalization back
the way it originally had found it.

For example, if I type ema20 = ema(20), this is what happens:

EMA20 = EMA(20)

What should have happened was this:

As I type the first e-m-a, the editor capitalizes that to EMA,
anticipating that I'm going to type a '(' next.  But, since I type
a '2' next, the edtitor does NOT uncapitalize the 'ema' part of my
variable name.  My intention was to have ema20.  If I wanted to look
at my code as EMA20, I would have capitalized it myself.  If I want
it to remain 'ema20', then I have to use the left-arrow key and
change EMA -> ema and it will work because the 20 is after it
already.  What a mess.

I realize that the AFL code is case insensitive and it's not a
problem to actually running the code, but the editor should never
change how I want the case usage of my variables.

And also, same kind of thing if I start a variable with the
letters 'o', 'h', 'l', 'c', 'v', etc. etc.

The editor just needs to be a little bit smarter about this, that's
all.  I think everyone on this list has learned to live with
this 'feature', but, in all honesty, it's bad design and should be
fixed.

[Note to board:  I love this product.  I only say these things to
help make it even better.]

Steve

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tomasz Janeczko" <groups@xxx>