[amibroker] Re: Migration to Amibroker from Wealth-lab

Tomasz, now that you understand what I'm talking about ;-), please
take another look at the pics I attached to suggestion #36 from April
2006 (this suggestion was marked as 'functionality exists' I think
because you were thinking I was talking about something else]

This may be a case where actually you bringing up some charts in
eSignal and playing with the candle options in the Edit Studies for a
chart may give you some ideas on how best to implement this in
Amibroker.  Please look at that pic and options I posted with how
eSignal does this (left pic in sug. #36).  They give 4 options to
color candles that will cover all of the combinations possible
without the user having to do anything extra in their scripting:

[I am repeating the options here instead of showing the pic, but
anyone reading this can look at suggestion #36's attachments to see
what I'm talking about]

4 checkboxes:

1. Use Up & Down Bar Color for Candle wicks (default is Wick Color)
2. Show Think Candle Wicks
3. Outline Candles
4. Use Outline Color to outline candles

Above these options are 4 color choosers labeled: Up Candle, Down
Candle, Candle Outline, Wick Color and there is a checkox beside the
Up Candle and Down Candle color choosers to opt to make either
one "Hollow".

These options are on a per chart basis so to do something like this
in Amibroker would be equivalent to putting these kinds of options in
the Axis and Grid tab from the Ctrl-R popup dialog.

As always, you're going to do it the best way you see fit.  Just
making the observation that eSignal's way of doing it appears to give
the ultimate in flexibility to the end-user.

For me personally, I'd be just as happy to have global parameter
options to affect the candle outline and wick colors as an override
rather than having to code up an extra Plot() statement just because
I chose to alter the candle body color from the standard up and down
color defaults.   But...you know best.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tomasz Janeczko" <groups@xxx>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Thank you for your e-mail. As you know Plot statement has only
> one color array to use.  And it either affects outline of the candle
> leaving up/down candle colors as defined in the preferences,
> or it affects entire candle.  AB simply uses "traditional" meaning
of
> up candle (Close > Open) and down candle ( Close < Open).
>
> What you essentially want to do is to redefine the meaning of
> up and down candles so they do not show Open-Close relationship
> or have separate independent outline and fill color control.
> For that you would need to have not one but two color arrays
> (one for outline and one for fill). I will provide such
functionality in
> upcoming version.
>
> Best regards,
> Tomasz Janeczko
> amibroker.com

e-
> > mail is not
> >> perfect communication medium :-)
> >> I did not know that you wanted different colorings that user-
> > definable UP candle color when
> >> Close > Open and DOWN candle color when Close < Open.
> >> So, if I get this correctly you are coloring candles based on
> > something else than Open - Close
> >> relationship. Am I getting this right?
> >>
> >> Best regards,
> >> Tomasz Janeczko