RE: [amibroker] OT - Van Thorpe

BTW, I think his name is Dr. Van Tharpe.

From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Boris Kanevsky
Sent: Wednesday, October 10, 2007 4:42 AM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [amibroker] OT - Van Thorpe

Ara Kaloustian wrote:

> Has anyone read books by Van Thorpe or worked with him on trading issues?
>
> Appreciate your comments
>
> Ara

Hi Ara!
I read Books & articles by Van Thorpe and E-mail to him several times.
His basic idea , that Entry point less impotent than exit, so he suggest
to concentrate on exit ,not entry.
But to me , that not always true. Specifically for trend follow system
,exit more impotent , but for other
trading systems it is hard to verify. Start from 2004, to present
trend follow systems perform very poor.
I am glad that same guy asking trading questions, not technical.

Regards, Lanbor.

http://www.eset.com