[amibroker] Re: Specifying Watchlist from AFL

You can also call/filter the watchlist via:

SYNTAX  CategoryFind( ''name'', category )
RETURNS NUMBER
FUNCTION  It allows to search for category by name. It takes category
name and kind as parameters and returns INDEX (ordinal number).
For example it allows to find watch list index by name. The index (in
the example below watch list number) can be later used in functions
thatneed the index (like CategoryGetSymbols).

EXAMPLE wlnumber = CategoryFind("MyWatch List 1",
categoryWatchlist );
mysymbols = CategoryGetSymbols(categoryWatchlist, wlnumber );

PS

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Padhu" <ccie8340@xxx> wrote:

> how about something like this?
>
> //Define Watchlist here and include symbols...Used later for
scanning

> Forex_Majors= InWatchList( 0 );
>
> Forex_Crosses= InWatchList( 1 );
>
> Forex_Liquid_Pairs=InWatchList( 2 );

Watchlist/Filters
>   to use. I would like to be able to simply say SetOption
>   (WatchlistName, "MyWatchList");
>
>   B) I have searched this group and it appears that this task can
be
>   accomplished using the "Automate a Backtest and Export the
Tradelist"