RE: [amibroker] Re: Help with AD Ratio

Glad to help.  Did you get my modification of your code? Did that help any?

Enjoy,

Donald F Lindberg

From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of smithkt9675
Sent: Sunday, October 07, 2007 8:00 PM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] Re: Help with AD Ratio

Thank you very much Don. I am running this against all the
constituents of the NYSE and the source I'm trying to replicate is an
institutional research firm that issues a daily technical analysis
piece. They use the NYSE as well, but their numbers and the degree
of movements up and down look different. Perhaps, if my formula does
look OK, I'll inquire as to why their numbers look different. Thanks
again for your help and please let me know if there is anything that
looks off. Kind Regards.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxps.com, "Don Lindberg" <dlindber@xx.> wrote:

> Ok, a couple of questions so that we can compare apples to apples.
>
> First what stocks are you running this against? All of the stocks
in your
> database, or only stocks in a certain market, or some other limiting
> criteria ?
>
> Secondly, you mentioned it did not match a source you are trying to
> replicate. What is the source, and again what stock universe are
they
> running against?
>

> I have run your formula against watch lists I use for figuring AD
and it
> appears to be OK.
>

> Donald F Lindberg
>
> _____

On Behalf
> Of smithkt9675
> Sent: Saturday, October 06, 2007 8:04 PM
> To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxps.com
> Subject: [amibroker] Help with AD Ratio
>

> Hello, I'm trying to plot the Advance/Decline Ratio so that
advancers
> show up 3:1 for example, and decliners show up as -3:1, so that
> declining days appears as a negative breadth thrust and advancers
> positive...all along a zero line in histogram form. The formula
> looks right, but when compared to a source I'm trying to replicate
> the figures look off. Please advise if I should tweak the formula.
> I'm using Yahoo data. Thank you very much.
>
> symz="~Advancers";
> symy="~Decliners";
> Advance=Close>Ref(Close,-1);
> Advance1=Advance>0;
> Decline=Close<Ref(Close,-1);
> Decline1=Decline>0;
> IIf(Advance1>0,AddToComposite(Advance1,symz,"C"),0);
> IIf(Decline1>0,AddToComposite(Decline1,symy,"C"),0);
>
> AD1=Foreign("~Advancers","C");
> DC1=Foreign("~Decliners","C");
>
> ADRatio= IIf(DC1>AD1,(DC1*-1)/AD1, AD1/DC1);
>
> Buy=0;
> Filter = 1;
>
> GraphXSpace = 2;
> Plot(ADRatio,"AdvanceDeclineRatio",colorDarkBlue,styleHistogram);
>
> Plot(0,"",colorBlack);
> Plot(3,"",colorGreen);
> Plot(-3,"",colorRed);
>
> Title="Advance/Decline Ratio";