[amibroker] Re: test

Tomasz,
I have read this chapter about portfolio based backtesting. It is said
that portfolio is your equity+ sum of open positions. Basicly i think
i got it how it works in AB
Could you tell me what they mean in Metastock by portfolio - beacause
it is said that during testing you can opitimize your portfolio. Do
they mean something else by that?
And how it can work without positioning function - It is going to buy
one kind of security for your whole money?
I am sorry that I am asking you about MS - I know you can just don't
care...but it is hard to find all those things from their manual and
as far as i am concerned you are preety oriented in MS also.
I just need to catch some basic differences about MS and AB.
Thanks in advance for your help
best regards pat

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tomasz Janeczko" <groups@xxx> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> You can use simple EMA cross over for example
>
> Buy = Cross( Close, MA( C, 50 ) );
> Sell = Cross( MA( C, 50 ), Close );
>

> IN "MS" speek it would be
> Cross( Close, Mov( C, 50, "S" ) )
>
> Cross( Mov( C, 50, "S" ), Close )
>

> But frankly speaking the comparision you are trying to do makes no sense
> for one fact: MS is not true porfolio-level backtester. They allow
to run on basket,
> but it is not true portfolio-level backtest with one shared equity,
without dynamic
> positionscoring/rotation and scaling. There is simply no comparision
between AB and MS.

> Also to see real differences in speed you would need to run serious
backtest
> on for example more than 100000 intraday bars (MS can't do that - it
is limited to 65000)
> or on entire US market (8000+ symbols - again MS can't do that - its
database is limited to 6000 symbols).