[amibroker] Re: Trade Log for Amibroker and IB

Ed,

Thanks for your reply. It will take some time for me to digest the
code and test. I will let you know the result.

Ken

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Edward Pottasch" <empottasch@xxx>
wrote:

> hi,
>
> yes I would think this is possible since a CSV type file is just a
comma separated file but I didn't test this. Are you using to code I
posted before? I have been adding the following to that file a while
back. See if it is of any use (see below). It creates a comma
separated file. The code I posted has some problems. Since many of the
trades are partially executed I add all the entry and exit trades up
and then when ( (-1) * (sharesStored_entry) == (sharesStored_exit))
the trade is closed and is ready for processing further. However if a
stock is split between entry and exit the code will not see this
automatically. You need to adapt the IB file for that. Also if the
stock is split at a later date, then the price retrieved from the
database does not correspond to the number of shares in the IB file,

> rgds, Ed
>

>    // final calculations and store results in composities
>    if ( (-1) * (sharesStored_entry) == (sharesStored_exit)) {
>

>     //printf(symb + " shares entry " +  sharesStored_entry + "\n");
>     //printf(symb + " shares exit " +  sharesStored_exit + "\n");
>
>     // retrieve static variables
>     open_entry = StaticVarGet( symb + "_Open_Entry" );
>     shares_entry = StaticVarGet( symb + "_Shares_Entry" );
>     executionprice_entry = StaticVarGet( symb +
"_ExecutionPrice_Entry" );
>     commission_entry = StaticVarGet( symb + "_Commission_Entry" );
>     date_entry = StaticVarGet( symb + "_Date_Entry" );
>     date_entry_text = StaticVarGetText( symb + "_Date_Entry_Text" );
>
>     open_exit = StaticVarGet( symb + "_Open_Exit" );
>     shares_exit = StaticVarGet( symb + "_Shares_Exit" );
>     executionprice_exit = StaticVarGet( symb + "_ExecutionPrice_Exit" );
>     commission_exit = StaticVarGet( symb + "_Commission_Exit" );
>     date_exit = StaticVarGet( symb + "_Date_Exit" );
>     date_exit_text = StaticVarGetText( symb + "_Date_Exit_Text" );
>
>     if (executionprice_entry >= open_entry * 1.4) {
>
>      printf(symb + " Possible SPLIT " + "\n");
>      printf(symb + " open_entry " + open_entry + "\n");
>      printf(symb + " executionprice_entry " + executionprice_entry +
"\n");
>      printf(symb + " factor " + (executionprice_entry / open_entry)
+ "\n");

>     }
>

>     // write information to a "CLEAN" file
>     // first create output string
>     if (shares_entry < 0) {
>
>      delta_entry = (open_entry - executionprice_entry) / open_entry
* 100;
>      delta_exit = (executionprice_exit - open_exit) / open_exit * 100;
>      result_theory = (open_entry  - open_exit) * shares_entry;
>      result_theory = result_theory - (commission_entry +
commission_exit);
>      result_practice = (executionprice_entry - executionprice_exit)
* shares_exit;
>      result_practice = result_practice - (commission_entry +
commission_exit);

>      outstr =
>      symb
>      + "," + "SELL"
>      + "," + abs(shares_entry)
>      + "," + date_entry_text
>      + "," + open_entry
>      + "," + executionprice_entry
>      + "," + commission_entry
>      + "," + date_exit_text
>      + "," + open_exit
>      + "," + executionprice_exit
>      + "," + commission_exit
>      + "," + delta_entry
>      + "," + delta_exit
>      + "," + result_theory
>      + "," + result_practice
>      + "," + "\n";
>
>     } else if (shares_entry > 0) {
>
>      delta_entry = (executionprice_entry - open_entry) / open_entry
* 100;
>      delta_exit = (open_exit - executionprice_exit) / open_exit * 100;
>      result_theory = (open_exit - open_entry) * shares_entry;
>      result_theory = result_theory - (commission_entry +
commission_exit);
>      result_practice = (executionprice_exit - executionprice_entry)
* shares_entry;
>      result_practice = result_practice - (commission_entry +
commission_exit);

>      outstr =
>      symb
>      + "," + "BUY"