[amibroker] Re: Question on Database development

Thanks for the inputs. At this point I would guess the VB6 crowd has
the most votes (but I didn't count them either...)

I'll take a look at building up some classes and see if I can't get
started on it this coming weekend. Once I get a working skeleton
together, I'll move the source code out to the internet server and
people can have at it with changes/upgrades/comments, etc.

At this point my guess is to use vb to grab the yahoo data, then move
the data into an access database for temporary storage of the links,
symbols and such. Then once all the scraping is completed, allow the
user to update the AB database from the list (or merge the new
symbols/delete old ones, etc.) Also, an export to csv or excel,
whichever...

I would like to have it be able to grab other data sources too, such
as MSN, etc. Perhaps via an INI file or something.

Thanks,
Jim

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "jrswindle2001" <jr.ab@xxx> wrote:

> You could be right...
>
> VB6 would be an interesting choice... I like it personally.
>
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "dingo" <dingo@> wrote:
> >
> > I don't think your conclusion is correct.  It's prolly that they
> don't care
> > what its written in just that it IS written.  I think it would be a
> great
> > service to the community. I just haven't had any time to do it.
> >
> > Personally, as far as language is concerned I wouldn't mind see it
> written
> > in VB6.

DEVLOG: