[amibroker] M/Thnx - Tomasz

Hi Graham/Tomasz,

Many Thanx.After getting bugged down with the error,i ended up
mailing support and Tomasz was kind enough to reply immediately. I
wanted to send him a thnx replay by return, but thought now a days,
if u can lessen the burden of opening another mail, well nothing like
it. But Tomasz,Thanx anyway.

Especially, replying so promptly on weekend, on a issue u have
clairified 2 yrs back only.Appreciate ur gud efforts.

AA)can anybody tell me how to give colour to a part of text in
commentary and why some commentaries written as simple strings appear
while others don't? does including them within section begin / end
changes anything? local /global issues?
recently,I have tried to use if actioon == commentary and then put
the commentary inside but even in there only that part which is
printed using printf is showing..what if i just write " this is me".
shudnt it be printed in commmenatry window also.

BB) i am using ami 4.9. and my afl has abt 20 sections and is a bit
long..(basically result of all indications i want to read in
interpretion window instead of surfing ten panes.)

Rgds.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Graham <kavemanperth@xxx> wrote:

> writeif only gives text for the last result in exploration (or
> selectedbar in chart), it is not an array
>
> you can use ASC("B") to get single letter array results, see help
> files for how to use
>
> --
> Cheers
> Graham Kav
> AFL Writing Service
> http://www.aflwriting.com
>

> On 07/09/2007, Shweta Shalini <this_is_sav@xxx> wrote:
> > Hi Joe,
> >
> > thnx.
> >
> > what problem i am facing is that while the writeif signal is
coming
> > wrong; for the same indicator if i output the variable value
directly
> > in exploration window it comes correctly. the colour change also
is
> > coming right for few indicators and failing for some indicators.
> >
> > date range shudnt create a problem i think.i have checked the same
> > over 10 yrs of data and there was no error except the above error
> > regd buy/sell signal of writeif.....the numerical variable output
is
> > correct....
> >
> > I was trusting the signal untill i found that it is erroneous....
> >
> > if u can throw sum light??
> >
> > rgds
> >

> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Joe Landry" <jelandry@> wrote:
> > >
> > > I'm senior in age but not AFL skills, but regardless - your algo
> > seems to work for me if I scan
> > > a watchlist, like Barron's 400 or equivalent.
> > > I've seen other "more" senior guys/gals use this to get the
results
> > of the last day no matter where you set the date range; and I get
> > buys and sells on the last day for the list, and I also get buys
and
> > sells for a single price array.
> > > HTH
> > > Joe L.
> > > Filter = 1 AND Status("lastbarinrange");

While
> > the indicator values shows correct positive/negative values, the
> > signal remains buy. Even for many indicators the colour changes to
> > red/green but somehow the signal (thru writeif) gves wrong
indication.

> > >   Anybody pls help.....since it contains too many indicators ,
i am
> > pasting code of one of indicators using macd crossover... pls
check
> > my writeif for buy which is gving error.
> > >
> > >   PS: do we need to set the variables to null at the end so that
> > the cache is not carrying over a wrong signal for the next day?
but
> > if it does then how come the colour of column is changing
correctly?
> > where is the bug?
> > >
> > >   //macd crossover
> > >
> > >   p = Param("P",12,3,36,2);
> > >
> > >   q = Param("Q",26,3,52,2);
> > >
> > >   r = Param("R",9,3,15,1);
> > >
> > >   EMA1= EMA(Close,p);
> > >
> > >   EMA2= EMA(EMA1,p);
> > >
> > >   Difference= EMA1 - EMA2;
> > >
> > >   ZeroLagEMAp= EMA1 + Difference;
> > >
> > >   EMA1= EMA(Close,q);
> > >
> > >   EMA2= EMA(EMA1,q);
> > >
> > >   Difference= EMA1 - EMA2;
> > >
> > >   ZeroLagEMAq= EMA1 + Difference;
> > >
> > >   ZeroLagMACD=ZeroLagEMAp - ZeroLagEMAq;
> > >
> > >   EMA1= EMA(ZeroLagMACD,r);
> > >
> > >   EMA2= EMA(EMA1,r);
> > >
> > >   Difference= EMA1 - EMA2;
> > >
> > >   ZeroLagTRIG= EMA1 + Difference;
> > >
> > >   //buy signal till macd is abv signal
> > >
> > >   spmacd_buy=zerolagmacd>zerolagtrig;
> > >
> > >   spmacd_val= WriteIf((zerolagmacd-
> > zerolagtrig>0), "Buy", "Sell");// error...remains buy always
> > >
> > >   // Set the background color for Sp MACD Sgnal Status Column
> > >
> > >   spMACD_Col=IIf(spmacd_buy,colorGreen,colorRed);
> > >
> > >   Filter = 1;
> > >
> > >   AddTextColumn(Spmacd_val, "SpMACD", 1, colorWhite,
Spmacd_Col);