Re: [amibroker] Re: Simple question about BarCount

Hello,

Not necesarily last N bars because you can scroll back to say first year visible from those
20 years and then it would represent first N bars.

As for lookback - it is automatically calculated by AmiBroker based on functions you use.
Use Tools->"CHECK" function in the AFL editor to find out how many bars before first visible
and after last visible are required. It was explained on this group a couple of times already.

For example if your formula is

MA( C, 50 ) > C and MA( C, 150 ) > C;

AmiBroker will use 230 bars PRIOR to first visible bar (200 for averages and 30 "extra" padding that
is always added).

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com