[amibroker] Re: best practise for maintaining amibroker stuff

I treat Amibroker as a development tool to analyse winning patterns
and trade. Just like Visual Basic or Pl/SQL. In all, i try to use
best practises so it minimises any guess work.

There could be things like, common routines, include files, on and on
and on. I am just trying to open up the thinking floor to identify
best practses in Amibroker that i can mimiic.

so far, Acronis is identified as a good backup recover tool. What
else should be in the best practise.
regards

Seede

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "directaim" <directaim@xxx> wrote:

> I guess you are aware it is possible to open the Acronis backup
image
> and copy any paticular file back.
>
> Till the drive image is made,
> I FTP daily changes to a web host
> which costs $6/month for 10 Gigs disk space.
>
> Files for which the name and location remains constant:
> a batch file will FTP all with one double click.
>
> Regards,
> directaim
>
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "murthysuresh" <money@> wrote:
> >
> > Acronis is complete backup and recovery.
> > 1. If i create a new database, i should be able to use my current
> > settings without much thinking.
> > 2. If i want to install Amibroker on a new machine, i want to be
> able
> > to setup stuff fast.
> > 3. Over time, we will have scripts that we will use repeatedly.
If
> we
> > make changes that would break them. how can we revert back to the
> > original.
> >
> > These are some of the initial thoughts that is going on. I am
> looking
> > for ideas on how others manage such issues.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Seede.
> >
> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Ara Kaloustian" <ara1@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Acronis  should be sufficient to back up and recover cover
> > everything in
> > > your directories.
> > >
> > > What else would you need??  Source Control??  I think you would
> be
> > creating
> > > work not needed.

there