[amibroker] Re: Suggestions for book introducing new users to AmiBroker

Perhaps a secondary offering of a "distilled" version of the book in
PDF format.

Upon purchase of the hard copy book, you could additionally provide
immediate access (either free or at increased cost) to a much trimmed
down, straight to the point, chapter by chapter collection of
examples, in PDF format.

This could actually improve your marketing efforts while at the same
time filling a need (e.g. "Need help right now? For just a few
dollars more, you can immediately download a complete set of examples
in PDF format").

This could additionally serve as a quick reference for the user after
having read the main book. There's nothing worse than flipping
through a thick book trying to dig up a salient point that you've
forgotten the location of.

As an example, I just ordered your book (looking forward to it), but
am VERY frustrated that I must now wait for it to arrive. I am having
trouble NOW and want a solution NOW.

This is the internet age, even relatively short wait times are a
handicap to your offering. I came back to buy your book only because
I could not find a more immediate solution elsewhere.

I'm sure that I am not alone in that regard. Food for thought!

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Howard B" <howardbandy@xxx> wrote:

> Hi Kar --
>
> There have been a few requests to have Quantitative Trading Systems
in pdf
> format, but not many.
>
> A book distributed as a pdf file is not a 100% replacement for the
paper
> version of the book.  So the tasks associated with printing and
mailing
> physical copies do not disappear.
>
> The price would not be substantially lower.  The value is in the
content,
> not the paper.
>
> I am unenthusiastic about pdf books -- but that may change.
>
> Thanks for the suggestion,
> Howard
>

> On 8/13/07, kar_avi <kar_avi@xxx> wrote:
> >
> >   --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <amibroker%
40yahoogroups.com>, "Ton
> > Sieverding"
> > <ton.sieverding@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Kar why is a PDF version of a book 'making your life so easy' ?
> > got Howard's book here in Belgium within 3 weeks and without extra
> > costs for the Belgian customs like with Amazon ( Amazon always
plus
> > Euro 10 or 20, Why ? ).
> >
> > - In India, if the delivery is not through Fedex, UPS, DHL and the
> > like, it may take 6 weeks. With postal service there is no
guarantee
> > that you may get it. I receive at the most 8 TASC magazine out of
13.
> > Savings of $20 delivery cost is incidental. Important is the
immediate
> > delivery of the book. Imagine TJ refusing to let you download
> > Amibroker and sending you boxes after 3-6 weeks for each upgrade!
> >
> > >And if it is so simple to scan the book, why not just doing it
and
> > you will have your PDF version ...
> >
> > I was referring to pirates doing that. (There may be some
everywhere,
> > but I do use original software). As for PDF, did you not have the
urge
> > to browse through your Palm or laptop while traveling, or do you
> > prefer carrying 10 books with you? For me that is 'life made
easy'.

> > Warm Regards,
> > Kar
> >

> > > Kind regards,