[amibroker] Re: #pragma nocache

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Ara Kaloustian" <ara1@xxx> wrote:
I have never used #pragman nocache, but have had similar problems to
yourself ever since I started to use #include. After 100-150 ticker
charts like with a scan or scrolling through ASX 300 (I work of EOD)
AB loses the AFL and chart goes blank (with apparent AFL compile
error) and I have to restart. Since using file functions in an
#include, the results are worse - deletes all watchlists. I have
commented out the #include function at present, but will run some
tests with #pragma nocache. I should really post a posisble fault to
support, but just too busy to put something concrete together. I
should also verify the #include that uses files too to make sure it
is not a use error :)

When trading with RT data 2 years ago, I never had trouble,
especially if just refreshing same ticker (even when it uses foreign
function for 8-10 other tickers too). AB was very reliable. Plugin
was MarketCast on 1 minute data.

best of luck
Shawky

> Ron, Dennis,  thanks for your respinses
>
> Ara

not had any problems in a year.  -Dennis

>     On Aug 12, 2007, at 2:32 AM, Ara Kaloustian wrote:
>

>       A couple of years ago I was running my code without #pragma
nocache and frequently had problems of AB crashing because it would
lose some segment of code.

>       When "#pragma nocache" become available I put it in all my
programs. It does take more time, but even in demanding real time
usage speed never became an issue.

>       Today, I was using my backup computer and it crashed because
my AFL files are accessed from my primary PC through a network ...
and the network failed... so one of my include files was "not found".