Re: [amibroker] #pragma nocache

I have never used it, and never had a problem.  Ron D

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, August 12, 2007 6:14 AM
Subject: Re: [amibroker] #pragma nocache

Ara,  I do not use it (strictly real time indicators) and have not had any problems in a year.  -Dennis

On Aug 12, 2007, at 2:32 AM, Ara Kaloustian wrote:

A couple of years ago I was running my code without #pragma nocache and frequently had problems of AB crashing because it would lose some segment of code.

When "#pragma nocache" become available I put it in all my programs. It does take more time, but even in demanding real time usage speed never became an issue.

Today, I was using my backup computer and it crashed because my AFL files are accessed from my primary PC through a network ... and the network failed... so one of my include files was "not found".

Question:
Are many people using their code WITHOUT "#pragma nocache" (without problems)???

TIA

Ara