[amibroker] Re: Real time indicators using GETRTDATA

Indeed Tomasz, I bet for 95% of users (that includes James and me)
only *current day* backfill is not just sufficient, but anything more
is useless. I am not an avid intraday trader but I know that within
IB TWS I can backfill bid/ask for current day.

That said, being able to log in at 1 PM and in a mouseclick backfill
AB with current day bid/ask would turn me into an avid intraday
trader at once....

-treliff

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, james <jameswillia@xxx> wrote:

> Tomasz,
>
> I'm not so worried about history as using it in real time trading
to create
> a market delta indicator where you can see in real time how much
volume is
> going through at the bid compared to the ask and at what size of
trades and
> creating a nice chart to display this info....??
>
> Cheers, James.
>

> On 8/13/07, Tomasz Janeczko <groups@xxx> wrote:
> >
> >    Hello,
> >
> > Yes, it is technically possible using AddToComposite, even now,
but... I
> > see no point in doing so because
> > a) you would need to keep this open all the time to collect data
and if
> > your connection fails you will get data hole that you could not
fix
> > b) the length of history obtained this way will be small (equal
to number
> > of days you are running such a formula).
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Tomasz Janeczko
> > amibroker.com

GETRTDATA

> > Hi Tomasz,
> >
> > Is there any way to put the bid/ask data into an array to chart
in real
> > time?? Could the static arrays you mentioned to Dennis be useful
in this
> > scenario...??
> >
> > Cheers James.
> >

> > On 8/13/07, Tomasz Janeczko <groups@xxx> wrote:
> > >
> > >   > TA bid/ask wizardry, not realizing there are some very down-
to-earth

> > > The main problem with historical bid/ask is that data vendors
offer it
> > > rarely (most often only "trade" ticks are available as
backfill).
> > > Even if they do, bid/ask comes ONLY in "tick" historical data
set, and
> > > this means
> > > that backfill is limited to few days at most (eSignal for
example gives
> > > just 10 days of tick data)
> > >
> > > Lack of longer data means that the data is practically useless
for
> > > long-term analysis.
> > >
> > > Best regards,
> > > Tomasz Janeczko