Re: [amibroker] Re: Real time indicators using GETRTDATA

> TA bid/ask wizardry, not realizing there are some very down-to-earth
> applications of bid/ask, like option trading where bid/ask is really
> all you got, "last" may have occurred hours or even days ago.

The main problem with historical bid/ask is that data vendors offer it
rarely (most often only "trade" ticks are available as backfill).
Even if they do, bid/ask comes ONLY in "tick" historical data set, and this means
that backfill is limited to few days at most (eSignal for example gives just 10 days of tick data)

Lack of longer data means that the data is practically useless for
long-term analysis.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com