Re: [amibroker] Re: need to choose a forex data provider IB vs esignal vs iqfeed

MurthySuresh,

that won't work.  Thanks to Tomasz, here is the solution i got from TJ.

=====================================
Assume that your database holds eSignal symbols (EUR A0-FX, GBPJPY A0-FX)

PUT 6-character IB code into "Alias" field of every symbol you are using.
So EUR A0-FX symbol will have EURUSD entered in the ALIAS field.

Then conversion would be simple:

AB = CreateObject("Broker.Application");
Stk = AB.Stocks( Name ());
IBSymbol = stk.Alias + "-IDEALPRO-CASH";

Now IBSymbol variable contains valid forex symbol.
Use the IBsymbol   for placeorder functions.

Cheers,Padhu