[amibroker] RE: New Account Management Feature

The easiest solution for me is to use Strategy 3.  For a short sale I can have a study line “SS” and for a long have a study line of “LL”

Logic then could be  - since I will know by the Study ID that this is Long or Short trade

If (Study("SS",SSID) > 0) {Do my shot stuff};

If (Study("LL",SSID) > 0) {Do my Long stuff};

With this solution I will automatically know the current symbol, whether it is long or short buy and how much I paid.  Now I can use the chart for my “Trade Plan” to plot resistance, support, stops, and next buys as well as where in the plan I bought shares at.  I can use AA to see when things are not going as planned.  It is not important to know for my trading plan how many shares – only how the plan is progressing.    I can now scrap the hard code stuff and only use the study lines in the charts that have them  (When either “LL” or “SS” lines are present I know I own them and can pay special attention).  This method can now work for a Watchlist (one) that contains both the stocks that I own and stocks that I am just watching --- and when I own them – I can highlight them as appropriate.    Very little of my code needs to be changed.    It makes all the sense in the world to do my Trading Plan Graphically.

My concern in using this strategy was “Note:  When I mess with the chart the Buy Price line is very sensitive and this can easily jump and be inaccurate”.  Amibroker already had a solution I have discovered,  “Lock Position” in the line Properties”.  Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Never noticed it.

Life is tough as an “Intermediate Novice” – but then there is so much to learn with the tool and with trading.  Having a trading plan and developing this trading plan using a Amibroker Chart -- I feel  --  will better keep me in the trade and prevent “whipsawing” especially in this volatile market the last few days.

Still curious on Is there a easy way to read the new account management information and use that information (buy price, Long/short position, date, etc) in AFL?  I am currently not using the account management feature.

Dave