[amibroker] Re: Auto login to IB

Clement,

Thanks for your reply.

Using a Tick database and range charts gives me a very small backfill
from IB. Usually less than a few hours worth of quotes.

I was hoping that Amibroker could auto log in to IB and maintain a
connection. I'm a little bit leary of the free software that does this
because I don't know if they might be spyware and would steal my IB
account log in info.

Thanks,

Greg

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Clement Chin" <yitman@xxx> wrote:

> I am using IB also. You can control the time to log off every day.
You may
> also use Amibroker to request backfill from IB server up to 30 days
[minimum
> is 1-minute data]. If you do not want to logon, you can check some
of the
> links in IB website. There are some tools/utilities to auto-login
once you
> logoff.
>

> My suggestion is to let IB to log you off per day. Then, you can use
AB with
> a backfill length of 1 to 5 day to download all the market data. You may
> need to set the database to 1-minute.
>

> Clement
>

>   _____

On Behalf