Re: [amibroker] Why Yahoo free data sucks

Jim,
I agree at least lately, yahoo data has been very problematic. At least ETF data. I began noticing it about a week ago. Checking ETF price data from WSJ "Trading Basket" for the day's 10 best performers. They didn't agree with yahoo. In addition there was probelm with historical download did not agree with the yahoo current download. There could be as many as 5 of top 10 wrong. The explanation I got from yahoo customer service was that they were aware of the problem and could do nothing other than point it out to their data provider "CSI".

This morning's WSJ shows SJF in the top ten with a closing price of 77.30, Friday. Yahoo historical shows 75.39, up 3.9%, and yahoo current shows correct 77.30, up 6.6% !

Here is the entire response from yahoo finance

Hello David,

Thank you for writing to Yahoo! Finance.

I understand your concern regarding the inconsistencies between the data
from the Historical pages and the Yahoo! Summary page. I assure you I'm
always glad to be of help.

Please be informed that US and Canadian historical price and volume data
are sourced by Yahoo! from CSI.

If you need to know the correct data or would like to request for
correction, we suggest that you contact CSI Customer Service at:

   support@xxxxxxxxxxx

I understand that this is very time consuming on your end but this is
the best recommendation we can provide you.

Rest assured that we will follow up your correction request to them. We
thank you for your patience and understanding on this matter.

I hope this information has helped. If you have any more questions or
need further assistance, feel free to write to us again. We really value
and appreciate your continued support of Yahoo! Finance.