Re: [amibroker] Second thoughts on Static arrays

Dennis,

I explained it many times:

1. You can not simply "KEEP" the array from previous execution and reference it directy becase:
a) previous execution may be on different symbol/different time frame/different zoom level leading
to DIFFERENT NUMBER OF ELEMENTS in the array and different TIMESTAMPS of array bars.

2. Because of (1) the only way to implement "static array" is to:
a) store not only array BUT also TIMESTAMPS with every bar
b) during reading perform timestamp checking and synchronization so referenced array data is aligned
with current execution data

If those two were not implemented you would NOT be able to use "static arrays" at all.

3. Functionality already exists
a) Point 2a - storing arrays with timestamps is exactly what AddToComposite ALREADY DOES
b) Point 2b - reading arrays with timestamps and aligning is exactly what Foreign ALREADY DOES

4. Implementing dedicated "static" array functions would
a) give NO SPEED ADVANTAGE over AddToComposite/Foreign
b) give only "the impression" that it is something else and "faster" than ATC/Foreign while it would
be FALSE impression.

b) no speed advantage over existing functionality

So here are the functions you are asking for:

function
StaticVarArraySet( Varname, array )
{

AddToComposite( array, "~SA_"+VarName, "C", atcFlagDefaults | atcFlagEnableInBacktest | atcFlagEnableInExplore | atcFlagEnableInIndicator | atcFlagEnableInPortfolio
);
}

function
StaticVarArrayGet( VarName );