[amibroker] Re: time shift for different exchanges in the same database

I am also getting this problem.  I know what Graham says is the way
to do it, but it keeps changing all my groups to the same time shift.

I am using Amibroker 4.96 beta, but I have a feeling that I was
having the same problem before too - I could never get the time shift
to show what I wanted, but I thought it was just me.

I wanted a bunch of different exchanges in the same database to
use 'foreign' functions in my AFL (and for convenience).

Anyone know if there is any other way? OR is this a bug to be fixed?

Thanks
Sam

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "loveyourenemynow"
<loveyourenemynow@xxx> wrote:

> Thanks Graham,
>
> I tried that but whenever I define the intraday settings for
different
> groups , the time shift is changed for all the database not only the
> group.
>
> I want to open and close of the RTH session so, unless I can fix
> different shift for different groups, the exchange time option is
not
> doing what I want.
> If I want to compare only between 2 different time zones I could set
> exchange time in one and local time in the other, but for more than
2
> time zones it doesn´t work.
>
> Am I missing something?
> Thanks
> Ly
>
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Graham <kavemanperth@> wrote:
> >
> > Yes
> > Separate the symbols into different Groups and use Symbol-
Categories
> > to define the intraday settings
> >
> > --
> > Cheers
> > Graham
> > AB-Write >< Professional AFL Writing Service
> > Yes, I write AFL code to your requirements
> > http://www.aflwriting.com
> >

> > On 08/06/07, loveyourenemynow <loveyourenemynow@> wrote:
> > > Hi there,
> > > Using the IB data:
> > >
> > > Is it possible to have different time shift within the same
database?
> > > In my case I would like to have tokyo data and Us data in the
same
> > > database to perform some correlaton analysis.
> > > If I try to use daily data, the japanese opening is wrong since
it
> > > corresponds to midnight american time which is not the tokyo
opening
> > > (20 us).
> > > I setup the intraday setting of the database as exchange, but I
still
> > > get tokyo data with same time of us.
> > >
> > > Alternatively, If I setup 2 different databases one for tokyo
and one
> > > for us, with the appropriate time shift, is there a way to
access them
> > > at the same time?
> > >

> > > Thanks
> > > Ly
> > >

> > > Please note that this group is for discussion between users
only.

> > > SUPPORT {at} amibroker.com
> > >
> > > For NEW RELEASE ANNOUNCEMENTS and other news always check
DEVLOG: