[amibroker] Performance problems with QuoteTracker

I am having performance problems with AB 4.90 and QuoteTracker 3.8.4a.
I am running ScottradeElite and two instances of Interactive Brokers
TWS along with AmiBroker and QuoteTracker linked to Elite. I am running
3 MB broadband internet. When running the QT plugin it takes 6 to 10
seconds to switch from one symbol to another. I looked at the
performance and it is running 27-100% % in some cases. I am running an
Intel core 2 duo processor on an ASUS P5NSLI motherboard with 1 GB of
memory. I thought it was an issue with memory and paging problems so I
closed all but AB and QT. That changed nothing. It still takes many
seconds to change symbols. When I close QT the time it takes to switch
to another symbol is a fraction of a second as we see when using AB
alone. So this combination is causing some kind of slow down and I
haven't a clue why. Anyone experience this kind of problem and if so is
there a remedy? Would adding 2 GB of memory solve this problem? Memory
is pretty cheap now and would not mind adding more if that will solve
the problem.

Thanks,
Barry