[amibroker] Re: How to measure slope of MA

Measuring the slope of an MA provides you with a way of determining
which way the MA is headed and the strength of the trend.

The slope is essentially the one-day change in the MA.  When the
slope approaches zero the MA is flattening out and could be about to
reverse direction.

Also, multiple crossings of a security through a MA that has little
or no slope indicates a trading range.

S50 = ROC(MA(C,50),1); // The 1-day slope of the 50-day MA

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "wavemechanic" <fimdot@xxx> wrote:

> Since MA is a curve and not a straight line what do you mean by the
slope?  What exactly are you trying to calculate and what
approximations are you making?

> Bill

7/16/2007 5:42 PM