[amibroker] Re: Iqfeed review

This is a topic important to me since for various reasons I need 3
data feeds and I hate overpaying at esignal; which I have been using
for the last 2 years.

My review is that this version is MUCH MUCH better but there are still
a few things that need to be fixed.

1. Mixed mode seems to work fine; I have not had any problems with it.

2. Performance generally is much better; for individual backfill about
the same as esignal now; used to appear much slower.   I have noticed
that if I start backfilling multiple stocks it bogs down a bit more
quickly then esignal did but so far this hasn't been horrible.

3. There are still a few minor problems and I think it is on the
AmiBroker end because I also use quotetracker with the same data feed
and have no quotetracker problems.   First, if I try to reconnect
while it is already connected I get "access violation" error messages.
  It doesn't cause AmiBroker to crash but I have to work my way
through 3 or 4 small dialog boxes of error messages to keep going.  I
have reported this to tech support but have not gotten feedback on a
resolution yet.     In addition, and maybe related, every now and then
the feed just seems to stop or I can not backfill.   ITs kind of odd
because, for instance, this weekend I created a watchlist and I just
could not get it to backfill certain symbols in AmiBroker but was able
to backfill the same symbols in quotetracker using the same feed.
But that was an isolated instance and I know the iqfeed folks are
still messing with their servers.

All and all it is much much better and if we can just get these last
few items ironed out I think it will be a great alternative to esignal.

Mike