From: nhall
Sent: Saturday, July 07, 2007 12:19 PM
Subject: [amibroker] Re: Quotes Plus vs TeleChart volumes

Here is the data directly from the NYSE's website:

http://www.nysedata.com/nysedata/asp/factbook/viewer_edition.asp?mode=table&key=3000&category=3
http://www.nysedata.com/nysedata/default.aspx?tabid=405

It seems close to TeleChart. I'm not sure where QP and Yahoo are
getting their numbers from.

Nick

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxps.com, "nhall" <c-yahoo@xxx> wrote:

> I'm evaluating whether I should use Quotes Plus or TeleChart as my
> AmiBroker data provider and have come across differences in the volume
> for the NYSE index.
>
> Quotes Plus gives the volume figures for !NYA:
>
> 6/1/2001: 10,102,619
> 1/3/2007: 34,291,628
> 6/1/2007: 29,270,184
>
> and that data basically matches Yahoo's also.
>
> TeleChart gives for NYSE:
>
> 6/1/2001: 1,010,200
> 1/3/2007: 2,611,500
> 6/1/2007: 1,481,100
>
> The older data looks about the same (although scaled differently), but
> the newer data is off by quite a bit using the same scaling factor.
> The data companies don't seem to know why they are different from each
> other. Does anyone have any ideas or care to add recommendations for
> one data vendor over the other? Thanks,
>
> Nick