[amibroker] Re: Linear / Logarithmic Equity Line

Steve,

You can't display zero or negative numbers on a log chart.

I'd suggest you filter the equity array before displaying, setting
some minimum value for all values that are less than that. You might
need to use trial and error to pick a good minimum value that will
display the rest of your data in a useful fashion. You won't then be
able to see values below that minimum, but the rest of your data
should make more sense.

GP

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Steve Dugas" <sjdugas@xxx> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I wrote some code that plots an equity line with overlying
regression line. It will plot correctly on linear or semi-log chart.
Then I applied a little change so that the scale on the right starts
at zero and displays % return rather than actual account equity. The
line looks the same, only the scale is different. I like this better,
except that the line looks very strange when I switch to the
logaritmic chart. I *think* this is because the line starts at zero,
and may go negative at times, and logarithms do not seem to work so
well with these values. Just wondering if any math wizards out there
might know of a workaround to correct this kind of problem? Thanks
very much!