RE: [AmiBroker] Re: How to use ATC only with positive EPS?

Ray,

If you move your mouse over your database name at the very bottom right hand corner of AmiBroker status bar it will show you total # of entries.

Don

From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of ax_ray2222
Sent: Wednesday, July 04, 2007 7:31 AM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] Re: How to use ATC only with positive EPS?

Don, how can I check how many tickers are in the database? I ran the
simple Explration for C.5 and V>100k and it gave me only 140 symbols,
which is not right....
I try to see if the database has data collected (it says 7075
symbols) if I open it in AQuote.

Ray

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxps.com, "Don Lindberg" <dlindber@xx.> wrote:

> Ray,
>
> If you keep 2 data bases you have to log into each separately and
do the
> updates. That is why I work with Many different Watch Lists. I have
one data
> base, but all of my various calculations are done against one or
the other
> watch list.
>

> Don
>

> _____

On Behalf
> Of ax_ray2222
> Sent: Monday, July 02, 2007 11:41 PM
> To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxps.com
> Subject: [amibroker] Re: How to use ATC only with positive EPS?
>

> Don thank you for that. If I create 2 databases, how do I keep them
> updated? do I have to log AB in both of them separate and update
each
> or both will get data from AQ? I'm puzzled here....
> sorry for all this novices questions...
> Ray
>
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:amibroker%40yahoogroups.com>
ps.com, "Don
> Lindberg" <dlindber@> wrote:
> >
> > Ray,
> >
> > Keep the full AmiBroker Database, because Yahoo regularly changes
their
> > stock classifications and split information. Go into Auto Analysis
> and run
> > the following Exploration against all stocks. When the
Exploration is
> > finished in the AA window choose File, Export to CVS and Save the
> file into
> > your AmiQuote Directory. Now create a new empty Database and use
> AmiQuote
> > to populate it with the file you saved. You will now have only
Stocks >=
> > $5.00 whose 30 Day Avg Volume is >= $100,000. You could also just
> save this
> > to a Watch List in your primary Database, and then do all you work
> against
> > that Watch List. This has the advantage that any Sector and
Industry
> [...]
> >
> > AddColumn (Volume,"Volume",1.2);
> >

> > -------------------------- Exploration Code Ends
> > ----------------------------
> >

> > Hope this is what you wanted.
> >

> > Enjoy,
> >

> > Don
> >
> > _____
> >
> > From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:amibroker%40yahoogroups.com>
ps.com
> [mailto:amibroker@yahoogrou <mailto:amibroker%40yahoogroups.com>
ps.com]
> On Behalf
> > Of ax_ray2222
> > Sent: Monday, July 02, 2007 9:17 PM
> > To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:amibroker%40yahoogroups.com>
ps.com
> > Subject: [amibroker] Re: How to use ATC only with positive EPS?
> >

> > Don, thanks for that. Now how can I create my own universe of
stocks
> > from Yahoo and not all 8000 almost what comes with the AB? so if
> > like to have only Stocks over $5 and over 100k average volume how
> > would I create that list and than create my new database?
> > any idea? or do you have that already and would you like to share
it?

> > Thank you for that, Ray
> >
> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:amibroker%40yahoogroups.com>
> ps.com, "Don
> > Lindberg" <dlindber@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Ray,
> > >
> > > Won't work. The smf-addin is for Excel. The formulas only work
in
> > Excel. You
> > > would have to create some kind of _javascript_, or _vbscript_,
and
> > that is not
> > > for the faint of heart. With some of the programming geniuses
we
> > have it
> > > this group I would think if it were possible someone would have
> > already done
> > > it. If you are not a programmer there is no plug and paste
stuff
> > that will
> > > work. But keep looking, that's how new things happen.
> > >

> > > Good Luck,
> > >
> > > Don
> > >

> > > _____
> > >
> > > From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:amibroker%40yahoogroups.com>
ps.com
> > [mailto:amibroker@yahoogrou <mailto:amibroker%40yahoogroups.com>
> ps.com]
> > On Behalf
> > > Of ax_ray2222
> > > Sent: Monday, July 02, 2007 6:28 PM
> > > To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:amibroker%40yahoogroups.com>
ps.com
> > > Subject: [amibroker] Re: How to use ATC only with positive EPS?
> > >

> > > Don, I was thinking if we can use smf-addin formulas to
retrieve the
> > > missing data from other web pages direct in the fundamentals
fields
> > of
> > > AB, that will make it so much more powerful.....what do you

Yahoo
> > BOGUS,

> > any
> > or