[amibroker] Re: Amibroker Performance Guidelines --- note for Christ --- get lots of RAM

Chris:

If you are doing optimizations, the most important thing is to have
enough RAM. If your database will not fit into RAM then the speed of
your hard disk will limit your new CPU so that it runs only at 50% or
30% of its potential.

How much RAM? 1 GB will not be enough. Lets assume that Windows will
take about 500MB. Let's also assume your AB database is 500MB. Now lets
add another 200-300MB in case you want to run a couple other programs. 1
GB will be very cramped. But 2 GB "should" be enough.

Given the price of RAM, I personally would go for 4 GB and never have to
worry.