Re: [amibroker] Re: New file uploaded to amibroker

Yes, thanks. That's what I am doing and therefore I did not understand remarks about arrays based upon existing time series with sizes >>>>> the number of elements if have put in the array. Anyway I think it's a misunderstanding and we can close this topic ...

Ton.

----- Original Message -----
From: vlanschot
Sent: Saturday, June 16, 2007 11:53 AM
Subject: [amibroker] Re: New file uploaded to amibroker

Ton,

Left or right, you can call any value you create in any type of array:

1)
X=10;
for(i=0; i<11; i++)
{ Array[i] = X; X = X+1;}

2)
X=10;
for(i=0; i<11; i++)
{ VarSet("Array["+i+"]", X); X = X+1;}

Depending on your PxH and PxW (wait for TJ, as on his to-do-list, to
create the link between pixels and hor/vert values !), you can draw
these values by calling them via (using loop or not, up to you) the
Gfx functions. Make sure you use LastValue(Varget("Array["+i+"]") in
case of 2. In both instances, Array is utterly delinked from AB-
arrays.

Hope tis helps.

PS

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxps.com, "Ton Sieverding"
<ton.sieverding@...> wrote:

> Thanks Fred. I understand that when I am creating an array based
upon a security, AB will give me an 'AB home made' array for this
security. There is no problem about. But I am not using data coming
from a security but creating my own time serie for let's say 'Modern
Portfolio Theory' ( Eff. Frontier ) and want to show the EF using the
created arrays with the GFX instructions. That's all ...

> Regards, Ton.

However,
> you would also by default have available elements 12 i.e. [11]
> through the number of bars in the charted security. The simple
way
> to think of this is that AB is providing the DIMENSION statement
for
> you and it will contain the same number of elements that are in
the
> charted security and it will be aligned to the charted security.
> Hwever you can use whatever elements of the array you want ... If
for
> some reason that's only 1 through 10 then so be it.
>
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxps.com, "Ton Sieverding"
> <ton.sieverding@> wrote:
> >
> > Correct about 11 elements of course. Quickie. Sorry for that.
But I
> still do not understand what the difference between the size of
an
> array and the number of elements in an array is. Forget AFL for a
> moment. When I create an array with one of the popular statements
> like DIMENSION MyArray(10) does not give me this the same result
as
> underneath mentioned For Loop ? I am probably missing
something ...

> > Regards, Ton.

That's
> > just filling the first 11 elements of the array, it doesn't
> define the
> > size of the array. If you tried that on a chart that only had
five
> > bars, you'd get an array overflow error.
> >
> > > How about two dimensional arrays ?
> >
> > AFL doesn't directly have two-dimensional arrays, but I did see
> > something on the AB site once about effectively creating them
> using
> > the VarSet and VarGet functions. Looked pretty messy though.
> >
> > GP